Friday, November 16, 2018

Assignment One

  • I write a lot of search engine optimized articles for clients.  Occasionally, I will do a short article intended for print or content not intended to be keyword-dense.  Also, I do some writing for my Communication classes.  One class has a weekly self-assessment questionnaire that requires answers be written in a specific essay format.  In another class, I have been asked to write short essays about articles and live presentations students have to view as homework.  In the past decade, I usually write at least one term paper that follows an APA or MLA format.
  • I've loved writing since I was very young. Right now, I'm very happy that I can make a living at it without having a Master's degree.  Although some salaried jobs require a BA/BS, I've been able to bypass some requirements by presenting samples or through word-of-mouth from past clients.

  • There are several areas that need improvement.  While my spelling is decent, I think language mechanics can be a challenge.  My favorite genre is marketing and I would like to learn how to be more creative and effective in my online and offline content for clients.  I would also like to be more diverse, such as learning how to write whitepapers and other documents that are in demand in the business world.

1 comment: